Once again, thanks to the folks at FM for guiding me in the right direction.
I purchased most of the suspension components from FM. I wanted to start out with the best parts available, and not mess around with making upgrades later. It’s much cheaper this way.
The arms are all used stock Miata parts. I cleaned them up and painted them. Yes, it’s a race car. But it doesn’t need to be ugly. I was going to powder coat them. But I used a rust prevention coating, and didn’t realize you couldn’t PC over that. I painted them with same Rustoleum Regal Red.
Just for fun, I welded in some bracing on the upper rear arm. Not sure if it needed it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Later, I bought some tubular arms from FM. But I haven’t installed them yet.
My original thought was to use Delrin bushings everywhere. And I even considered spherical bearings. But they convinced me that performance oriented rubber bushings were the way to go. I did not want Poly, as that requires too much maintenance.
Heavy duty front hub bearing from FM, with ARP studs installed